Friday, March 8, 2013

Cassia's 7th Birthday

Cassia turned 7 on February 14th. She's our Valentine's baby. This year she wanted a fairy cake. I hadn't tried to make people before, but I thought I'd give it a try. I did NOT attempt to give them a face because fairies are elusive by nature and it would totally take away their mystical essence to give them a face. And come on, that's a little too ambitious for the first time (i.e. they looked horrid!).

 
The bare stump. I used Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant, then scored it to give it texture, then painted it with watered down food coloring.

Etched a fairy door.

Fairy #1
She is made of Modeling Chocolate, with fondant hair and gum paste wings.

Fairy #2


Everything else was made of modeling chocolate, except the flowers and butterflies were gumpaste. Oh, and the rocks are chocolate rocks, bought as is.


Our snacks were: Gnome Hats (Bugles), Twigs (pretzel sticks), Toadstools (marshmallow "stalks" with apple tops), Pixie Punch (pink lemonade) and Morning Dew (water)

One activity was decorating Fairy Wands. Mom was helping with that. But all my pictures have other kids, so I didn't want to post them. This activity was the Fairy Dust station. Each fairy got a container and picked which glitter they wanted. Then it went in the Fairy House and Cassia used her Fairy Wand to turn it into actual Fairy Dust.
 
 

Instead of party favors, we got wings from the dollar store and made fairy wands for them to decorate. I wouldn't have gotten them all done if it wasn't for Mom's help. Vyanna had the flu the week before and threw off my timeline!
And, yes, there are a lot of wings there. We thought we'd invite all the girls from Cassia's class, thinking that surely some wouldn't be able to make it. They all came except for one - 13 little girls. Next year I think we'll have 3.




 
 
Cassia had a great time at her party and loved her cake! Can't believe my oldest is 7 years old and in Grade 1! Both spunky and sweet, we love you Cassia!

No comments:

Post a Comment