Friday, March 8, 2013

Tag Along

Vyanna can now walk from one piece of furniture to another. She can be holding onto something, turn and walk to us. She can stand on her own, dancing around, for more than just a couple seconds.

It's going to be soon.

When I'm busy cleaning in the kitchen or making a meal, she is usually right beside me digging in the fridge, slobbering on the clean silverware in the diswasher that I'm emptying or looking for scraps under the table. But her favorite thing is to grab my pant leg as I walk past. She is quick, especially when she has a goal in mind - usually eating. So she grabs my pant leg and tries to walk along behind me. It's no use trying to get her to let go, there will just be screams and more grabbing. So we walk along to the next place. Of course, she takes baby steps - cuz she's a baby - so I have to as well. I'm sure it looks really really ridiculous. Or cute, depending on your perspective.

But it also reminds me that soon she isn't going to need me to help her walk anymore. Walking isn't a baby thing. It's a little girl thing. And that just means that my baby is growing up. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment